Easy Peasy Quick Vegetable Pie
This is super simple and very tasty. It was awesome for lunches the next day and most importantly Albert enjoyed it!
I didn't add salt to this recipe because the cheese has enough. The beauty of this pie is you can add any vegetables you have in your fridge in place of the ones I have used below.
Easy weekend snack and a great way to get vegetables into a dish without making it obvious. Feel free to add a little bacon if you'd like.
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach (I used silverbeet from the garden)
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese (I used vintage for some sharpness)
- 1/2 cup mixed herbs (I used fresh mint, oregano and parsley)
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbs wholemeal flour
- Extra cheese for the top
1. Preheat oven to 160 C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and use olive oil to ensure nothing will stick. (tsp olive will be enough)
2. Whisk eggs until light and fluffy in a large bowl.
3. Add all other ingredients, reserving the extra cheese for the top.
4. Using your hands, mix everything until well combined.
5. Pour into prepared tin and sprinkle with extra cheese.
6. Place in the oven for 25 minutes
- Serve warm or cold. This will keep in the fridge for 3 days in an airtight container.