Four Ingredient Pasta - Bacon, Garlic, Tomatoes and Walnuts
This pasta dish comes all the way from England. It has stayed with me for nearly ten years. Such a brilliant dish. Simple, quick, tasty, healthy.. I honestly could not believe a pasta sauce with four ingredients could taste so damn good.
Allow 50 minutes cooking time.
*Make sure you leave the time to let it simmer. It makes a much richer sauce.
4 Ingredient Pasta Sauce
- 1kg ripe Roma tomatoes (or fresh juicy tomatoes from the vege patch) roughly chopped *you could use tinned roma tomatoes if you wish
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 200 grams quality bacon, finely sliced
- 1 cup walnuts
+ Pasta of your choice
1. Add the garlic and bacon to a fry pan and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. (the fat from the bacon allows you to go without any oils)
2.Add the tomatoes and stir well. Staying on medium heat, place lid on and adjust so a little heat can escape from the pan.
3. Leave for 15 minutes.
4. Turn down to low heat and stir. Take lid off and leave to simmer for 30 minutes. Stirring occasionally if you need to.
5. Add the walnuts 5 minutes before you turn the heat off.
6. Serve with your favourite pasta (I use fettucine) and some shavings of good quality parmesan.
Note: If you find the fresh tomatoes are watery, add 2 tbs tomato paste to thicken it up.