Simple Summer Salad - Brussel, Bacon and Walnut Salad
I thought this too good not to share. A simple and healthy Summer Salad. Great with fish, chicken, lamb or beef I think even a hater of brussel sprouts may be converted.
Let me know what you think.
Serves 4 (as a side dish)
- 2 tbs quality olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 cups finely sliced brussel sprouts
- 1 cup diced quality speck or bacon
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tbs honey
- Juice of 1/2 fresh orange
1. In a large pot add the oil, onion and garlic and saute on a medium heat for 1 minute.
2. Still on medium heat, add the bacon and stir occasionally for 5 minutes. Allow the bacon to crisp slightly.
3. Add the walnuts and cook for a further 3 minutes.
4. Add the brussel sprouts and honey and stir through so everything is combined.
5. Turn the heat off and cover with a lid. Let this sit for 5 minutes then remove the lid. Dress with the fresh orange juice.
This Brussel Sprout, Bacon and Walnut Salad is great served warm or cold.
*** Great for a BBQ :)