No bake Chocolate Chip Fudgey Slice
First post back after baby number two (born 12 days ago). It feels SO good to share such an amazing recipe with you.
I am sitting here, tapping away with one hand as I breastfeed Gabriel with the other arm. This would probably be a OHS issue if I were working in an office!
Why not be doing this when he is sleeping some of you may ask. Well my friends, that time has so far been taken up with sleeping, eating, cleaning, showering and taking care of my first born..
Truth is that this post was half completed a month ago but I just never got around to getting it posted. It's been hectic to put it mildly.
Let me know what you think x
A simple delicious recipe for all the busy mothers out there, that neeeed chocolate.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups almond and walnut butter (Simply blend 1 cup almonds and 1 cup of walnuts in your food processor until smooth - can take up to 5 minutes - add a little water if you need to)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- handful cacao nibs
1. Line a square cake tin with baking paper.
2. Blend all ingredients EXCEPT the raw cacao and nibs until well combined.
3. Take half the mixture and press firmly into the cake tin. Cover and place in the freezer. Leave for 10 minutes.
4. Add the raw cacao to the remaining mixture in your food processor. Pulse at first so it doesn't go everywhere, then blend to combine.
5. Spoon onto the base layer and press down. Now press the nibs into the top.
6. Cover and place into the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours before slicing and serving.
>>Keep in an air tight container in the freezer.