Raw Chocolate Energy Slice
I whipped this up last week and I have enjoyed a piece each day before my workouts. They're amazing! Great energy boosting bars. Satisfying. Not too sweet, but sweet enough if you're after a treat. Healthier than most chocolate bars and better still, child friendly. Albert is a huge fan too.
I like to keep things simple. Each moment in the kitchen is a moment I could be spending with Albert and doing other things I love. I do love to cook. But I'm pretty impatient when it comes to getting something made and ready to eat. Feel free to double the recipe and stock up. I guarantee they won't last long.
This is a 'throw it all in the food processor' chocolate slice. Then refrigerate. Yep! .
If you're looking for a simple, fast and a healthier guilt free snack. This is for you.
- 1 cup pitted prunes
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates, soaked in water for 10 minutes, then drained
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup raw cacao
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup goji berries
1. Line a small loaf tin with baking paper. (this will make it easier to remove)
2. Throw everything, except the goji berries, into the processor and blend until smooth.
3. Using a spatula, add the goji berries and mix through.
4. Scoop into the loaf tin and press firmly down.
5. Cover and put into the fridge for 1 hour minimum before serving.
This will keep in the fridge for 10 days.