Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice cream - no refined sugar
And it tastes sooooooooooo good.
We have a heat wave beginning in Perth and I have a feeling it's going to be an ice cream kind of day everyday. Must stock up!
This one took 5 minutes to whip up and put into the paper cups. A great recipe for a time poor human.
Whilst Albert is still so young I am in control of what he eats.. I love sitting with him, enjoying an ice cream. I love the joy it brings to both of us on a hot day. I also believe in moderation and that we do not need to make every sweet snack with loads of sugar. The food we eat impacts out physical health as well as our mental health. Our bodies are machines. Doing their best to process the fuel we give them. Cleaner the fuel, the easier our bodies can run at capacity.
The recipes I tend to throw together use fruit as their sweetener. If more sweetness is required, honey, rice malt syrup or maple syrup is what I add.
Don't get me wrong, I love a snickers bar once in a while. I love a golden gaytime once in a while too :) hell, I love jelly babies! But now that I have other less sweeter things to choose from, I tend to not crave the rubbish I once did.
This chocolate peanut butter ice cream is smooth and creamy. It is satisfying and full of protein from the peanut butter as well as the full fat greek yoghurt.
Try this recipe and tell me what you think :)
Makes 8 medium ice creams
You will need
- paper cups
- popsicle sticks
- your own icy pole moulds
- 1/2 cup natural smooth 100% peanut butter (no sugar, no preservatives)
- 1 cup Full Fat Greek Yoghurt
- 1 cup organic coconut cream
- 1/4 Maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
1. Throw it all in the food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Pour into moulds or paper cups.
3. If using paper cups. Place in them in the freezer WITHOUT the popsicle sticks for 30 minutes. Then, push the sticks in while ice cream is firm.
4. Ready to eat in 2 hours.