Sticky Sweet Superfood Bars
I felt like doing some experimenting over the weekend. My husband needs some well textured, healthy, no refined sugar bars for his road cycling and I always need a clean energy bar for my runs and spin classes. This recipe includes all the ingredients we like to eat with a good texture that is not too sticky and not at all dry.
They are incredibly satisfying so if you're after a filling 3pm snack that will get you through to the end of the day... and satisfies those sugar cravings. This is what you need to bake on Sunday so you're well stocked for the week.
If you are prepared in what you eat, you are less likely to snack on quick and unhealthy snacks.
These are great as pre or post workout energy bars, great snacks for toddlers, for people doing 000000kms on the bike, spin instructors, runners, for tired mothers. They are great for anyone :)
Makes 16 bars
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup pitted prunes
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dried goji berries
- 2 eggs
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 C and line a square or rectangle slice tin with baking paper.
2. Blend the almonds, pepitas and oats in a food processor for 30 seconds, leaving a few crunchy bits.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until a thick paste appears.
4. Spread into the tin and smooth the top. Place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the tin.
6. Once cooled, turn out onto chopping board and slice into desired sized bars.
P.S Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
P.P.S Alternatively, freeze in individual packs for easy go to snacks.