Healthy and Delicious Banana Cupcakes - 20 minutes (including bake time!)
If your in need of a healthy snack for your family, this is something you can put together quickly and with simple ingredients.
They are refined sugar free. WIN. They use Oats so they are low GI and very satisfying on the belly. WIN. The took 20 minutes from wo to go. WIN. They are freaking yummo. WIN!!
I took them into Spin class this morning and didn't walk out with one! Gosh I love baking for other people. My clients were particularly deserving of a cupcake after todays session too hehe...
Here is the recipe. xx
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup plain wholemeal flour (you can use any flour you choose)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 2 med ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup pitted dates (soaked in boiling hot water for 2 minutes then drained)
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 C. (I use fan forced so adjust your oven accordingly) Prepare muffin tin with cupcake casings.
2. Throw all ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth. Push down the edges with a spatula and pulse to get any fly away oats.
3. Using a dessert spoon, fill cupcake casings 3/4 to the top.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 16 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Best eaten that day OR once completely cooled place in an airtight container or bag and freeze for a fast and guilt free snack.
- Not bad with a little butter ;)