Vegan Raw Blueberry Cheesecake (GF)
A wonderfully pretty raw dessert this one... It will impress...
Your taste buds can decide on just how sweet you want to take it. I only used 1 tablespoon of stevia. I found it left room for the sweetness of the blueberries. Remember that you could sub out the blueberries and add banana, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries.. I would recommend they all be frozen for this recipe.
There is something wonderful about taking these out of the freezer and serving them up to friends.. they look naughty but it's nice to know they're not. Dairy free, lots of good fats from the coconut oil, coconut cream and nuts.. This is a clean treat.
Super simple too..
I find bringing them out of the freezer a few minutes before serving is best.. just takes the icey chill off them.
Let me know what you think xx
Frozen Blueberry Cheesecake
>>>> You will need a food processor
- 1 and 1/2 cups Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- 8 medjool dates (seeds removed)
- 2 Tbs Full Fat Coconut Cream
- 2 cups raw natural Cashews (soaked overnight or minimum 4 hours) then drained
- 1 cup Full Fat Coconut Cream
- 1 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Tbs granulated natural stevia (use honey/maple syrup/sugar - whatever pleases you)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tsp vanilla bean paste (option : or use extract or the real thing)
- pinch of salt
1/2 cup Frozen Blueberries
1. Line a non stick baking tray (I used 22x32cm) with baking paper.
2. Blend the coconut and cashews together for 30 seconds and then add the cinnamon, dates and coconut cream. Blend until mixture comes together.
3. Press tightly into your prepared tin and place in the freezer.
4. Place the drained cashews in the food processor and blend until it forms a paste.
5. Add the rest of the Topping ingredients and blend until thick and creamy.
6. Spread over the base evenly, flattening with the back of a spoon.
7. To decorate, sprinkle the remaining blueberries over the cheesecake and gently push them down with your finger.
8. Cover loosely with cling wrap and place in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours.
9. Slice into desired sized pieces and place in a air tight container. Return to the freezer.