Cheesy Green Goddess Lasagne (Vegetarian, Gluten Free)
If you are after a comforting, healthy and delicious meal that will feed the entire family and leave some for lunch the next day, I recommend this. It is super simple to whip up. Prep time is about 20 minutes.
You could add bacon to it. You could add thinly sliced pumpkin.. Use what you love and what you have in your fridge. It's about stress free food.
One tip --- don't forget to season your eggplant.
- quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 med zucchini, cut length ways (2cm thick)
- 2 eggplant (cut into rounds, 2cm thick)
- 2 cups fresh english spinach
- 2 cups kale, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley/basil - your choice
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 1/2 cup full fat greek yoghurt
- 1 cup full fat ricotta
- 1 cup crumbled Australian feta (I get mine from the local delicatessen)
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
For the Topping
- flaked almonds
- chilli (optional)
- grated parmesan or romano
1. Pre heat oven to 180c. Add a dash of olive oil to a deep lasagne sized baking dish, and spread around.
2. Using a large bowl, mix the ricotta, ground almonds, feta, parmesan, red onion, crushed garlic, yoghurt, spinach, kale, herbs and nutmeg. Combine well.
3. Cover the base of the dish with an eggplant layer and season with salt and pepper.
4. Spread some of the cheese mix over the eggplant and repeat, this time with zucchini (seasoning with salt and pepper also)
5. Continue with the layers until the zucchini and eggplant is all used.
6. Top with more parmesan, drizzle of olive oil, chilli and flaked almonds.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes or until cooked through.