How I cook quinoa in the microwave - 16 minutes tops
Making quinoa is so easy. I love that I can put it in the microwave and walk away.
I have had a number of friends ask me how I make it, so I thought it may be a useful blog post.
First thing is, I use a glass pyrex dish with a lid. This is my secret. So you'll need one of these if you want to make quinoa my way.
1. Add the amount of quinoa you would like to cook (It about doubles in quantity after it cooks)
2. Drizzle a tablespoon or two of extra virgin ollive oil OR coconut oil over the quinoa and mix around with a fork. Mix well so all the quinoa has a little oil on it.
3. Pour filtered water over the quinoa so that there is an extra inch of water over the grains. Some grains will rise but don't worry. Place the lid on. (see picture above)
4. Microwave on high for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from the microwave and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
6. Fork gently at the quinoa to break apart and serve as you wish.