Chocolate Coconut Crackle Bar (VEGAN, GF, RAW - YUMMMMMM)
This delicious bar was something that just happened. In amongst the craziness of sickness, tiredness, wintry weather, screaming children, house work, a lot of washing is a mother that needs something decadently easy in the fridge at all times.. (so I don't have the excuse to buy something packaged and filled with sugar) .. It could not take longer than 30 minutes to make (including cleanup)... Plus who in their right mind can say no the a bounty bar. Not me.
This is it. The prize.
Let me know how you go.. I loved this one. I have made it again today to make sure quantities are all correct. Pretty happy with the taste test too
Bounty bars ... I have certainly spent hundreds of dollars on those in my life time!!!
Happy Wednesday :)
- 1 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 8 pitted dates, soaked
- 1 Tbs raw cacao
- 1 Tbs honey
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked (20 minutes in boiling water)
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbs stevia (you can use honey, maple syrup)
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 Tbs raw cacao
1. Prepare a 20 x 30cm slice tin by laying some baking paper so it overhangs.
2. Place the almonds and coconut in food processor. Blend for 20 seconds then add the remaining base ingredients. Blend for 40 seconds.
3. Pour into tray and press down with wet fingers. Place in the fridge.
4. Drain cashews and place in the processor. Blend for 1 minute or until smooth. Add all remaining coconut layer ingredients. Blend until it forms a paste.
5. Pour over the base. Smooth over with a spatula.
6. Put all the chocolate topping ingredients in a small saucepan on low heat. Whisk until everything comes together to a gooey paste. Take straight off heat, leave for 30 seconds. Then pour over the coconut layer.
7. Place in the fridge for the chocolate to set. Then cover with a sheet of baking paper and place in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours.
8. Slice with a hot knife into desired sized pieces and store in an airtight container in the freezer.