Gluten Free Blueberry Pudding Muffins
A friend asked me the other day 'Do you ever get sick of baking?'.... ummm short answer. NO
The joy baking has given me all my life is something I treasure.
I have battled with sugar cravings all my life too. So since finding pleasure in creating #no refined sugar recipes, I am healthier, husband and I have lost weight, brain fog has gone, not as anxious, my children are not 'sugar high' but still love the cakes I make, body has changed shape, more energy, happier family.......................I could go on!
Wishing you all a wonderful day where ever you may be.. feel free to send me an email with any questions about quitting sugar. A lot of people have contacted me about it. Particularly the question of how to keep away from it ..!
I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as we did.
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp gf baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bi carb soda
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Rind of 1 fresh Lemon
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup coconut oil OR extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup full fat greek yoghurt
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar OR lemon juice
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup OR honey OR pure maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 190c (fanforced) OR 210c (electric). Grease muffin tray or use paper cups (I used the mini muffin tray for mine for smaller bite sized muffins but you can use anything you like) *** BE AWARE THAT COOKING TIME WILL VARY depending on the size of your muffins
2. Add Dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
3. Add Wet ingredients to a food processor and combine until thick and creamy.
4. Gently fold the wet mix into the dry mix. Careful not to over mix.
5. Using a large spoon, scoop mix into prepared tray. Top with blueberries.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your chosen muffins. They should be light golden brown.
7. Stand in the tray for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.